The skilled helper : A problem management approach to helping / Egan,GerardMaterial type: TextPublication details: Brooks/Cole Publishing Company London 1998Edition: 6th edDescription: 377 pISBN:
- 158.3 Eg13
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||UE-Central Library||158.3 Eg13 (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||T11005|
1. Part 1 : Laying the groundwork
3. Overview on the helping model
4. The helping relationship : values in action
5. Part 2 : Basic communication skills for helping
6. Attending, listening and understand
7. Basic empathy
8. The art of probing and summarizing
9. Part 3 : Stage 1 of the helping model and advanced communication skills
10. Step 1-A : Helping clients tell their stories
11. Reluctant and resistant clients
12. Step 1-B : 1. The nature of challenging helping clients challenge themselves
13. Step 1-B : 2. Specific challenging skills
14. Step 1-B : 3. The wisdom of challenging
15. Step 1-C : Leverage : Helping clients work on the right things
16. Part 4 : Stage 2 : Helping clients determine what they need and want
17. Step 2-A : What do you need and want? Possibilities for a better future
18. Step 2-B : what do you really want? Moving from possibilities to choice
19. Step 2-C : Commitment –what are your willing to pay for what you want?
20. Part 5 : Stage 3 : Helping Clients work for what they need and want
21. Step 3-A : strategies for action –what do I need to do to get what I need and want?
22. Step 3-B : Best fit strategies-what strategies are best for me?
23. Step 3-C : Helping client make plans- what kind of plan will help me get what I need and want?
24. Part 6 : The action arrow : making it all happen
25. Making it all happen : helping clients get what they want and need