Learning mathematics : the cognitive science approach to mathematics education / Robert B. Davis.Material type: TextPublication details: Norwood, N.J. : Ablex Pub. Corp., 1984.Description: viii, 392 p. ill. ; 23 cmISBN:
- 510/.7/1 19 D2611
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||UE-Central Library||510.71 D2611 (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||T2659|
1. Mathematics and mathematics education
2. What is mathematics?
3. The role of theory in science
4. Basic concepts
5. What needs to be explained?
6. Data collection
7. Procedures / the regularity of student errors
8. A few commonly-shared frames
9. A not-common-shared frame
10. To put it simply
11. The )'hare airport solution
13. Using pre-mathematical frames
14. Neither words nor pictures
17. The real time construction of representations
18. Retrieval, construction and mapping
19. Recognition problems
20. What is problem solving?
21. The paradigm teaching strategy
22. Some classical errors
23. Deficiencies in typical school curricula
24. Where do we stand today?
25. The cognitive science approach to mathematics education